Friday, October 15, 2010

The music of what happens - not

I've lost count of the number of emails about the psychic show coming to UL which may 'damage' the reputation of the University. It strikes me that there may be other serious issues to worry about in this respect - poor attainment of funding for research recently, high drop out rates, bttom of the list of Irish third level institutions not just universities on some indices of world class performance for a start - yet none of these issues have elicted any comment from academics or anyone else.



Really like my new office and the new work set up - light is flooding in and the trees outside are heavy with crisp golden leaves as I walk along the river- I could (almost) be in Paris. Today at lunch time I plan to go to hear a poetry reading in the Hunt Museum, Catherine Phil McCarthy reading as part of this year's Cuisle Festival. Last night as part of the same event I read my poem 'Thirteen Ways of drinking Bull's Blood' in the Daghda space at John's Square which was really exciting - and I got a few laughs.

No comments:

Post a Comment