Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Talent Bank



When I am old I shall wear purple, and in fact any other colour or style I damn well please. I am increasingly aware of an unspoken but evident ageist agenda out there- what is the reality of a person over 50 for example who has been made redundant or 'let go' ever finding a job again ? What price the invisible woman who holds a family together and gathers her wisdom around her like a shimmering cloak which can be opened to shelter and support but who rarely recieves any acknowledgement?

Where are the women of any age on boards and bodies which make decisions afecting all our lives in this country? What about the 40% of women who should be on the boards of public bodies? Yep it seems to me that what we need is a talent bank of women who are prepared to participate in public life...I wonder how we might go about getting it ...

No comments:

Post a Comment