Thursday, January 27, 2011

Birthday thoughts


It's been a week of celebrations and it's not over yet! I have really enjoyed this significant end of a decade birthday and given myself up completely to celebrating it !
It's been particularly good hearing from old friends I haven't see for a while and from family members who don't usually contact me - thank you Facebook.
Still cold out there but I am noticing new shoots and realising that the days are getting noticeably longer so Spring is about to be sprung.
In the Hunt Museum at lunchtime saw Jan Morris' book Venice on sale so immediately bought a copy as I am looking forward to going there next week and seeing Padua, Venice and Verona - also listening to 'easy' Italian tape in the car, not so easy when it goes beyond repeating single words.
Bought muscari bulbs in the supermarket last week and brought them in - it's great to see them losing their green and moving gradually into blue every day at the moment.

No comments:

Post a Comment